How I've been feeling lately ∣ Anxiety, overthinking, etc.

Sunday 11 April 2021 London, UK

Lately, I’ve been feeling really anxious, sad and lonely. I decided to write this post to share my experience coping with these emotions and let others know that it is totally fine if you feel like this.



For the past couple of days, I noticed that I became really emotional and anxious. I cannot think straight - if I try to, I just overthink and I get scared and that tires me so much to the point where I just lay in bed most of the day and listen to music. Even though I have friends that I talk to on a regular basis, I feel lonely. I realized that this lockdown literally absorbed all my happy thoughts (wow I am just so great at explaining) and I feel really unmotivated – again.



I am really bothered with not being that much active on my blog as I want to because I love writing so much and I am so proud of myself for starting a blog, but every time I sit and open my laptop my mind goes blank, and I don’t know what to write about. Everything I write seems so superficial and it doesn’t feel right.


I talked to my friends and my family about my feelings, and they have all been so supporting that it made me feel a lot better because I know that this feeling will pass soon. I am so grateful for having such a supporting circle of people that really care about me.


I just wanted to write this short post to tell you that if you’re dealing with the same emotions, you are not alone. We all go through something and it is perfectly fine you feel like this. For me, it really helped talking to my family because they are always here for me so I would say try talking to someone you know and maybe getting help from a psychologist.


There is nothing to be ashamed of feeling this way and wanting help. This lockdown hasn’t been gentle on any of us, but you can be gentle to yourself and try staying positive. Doing some small tasks in a day can really help you, and I know that this sounds so dumb but always make your bed when you get up – tidy bed, tidy mind, like my mum says.


If you don’t feel comfortable talking to someone you know, you can always message me – maybe we can help each other out, who knows. I am here to remind you that it will be fine, it won’t last forever, and you’ll feel better really soon.


I hope that with university starting tomorrow and me actually going to campus once a week will make me feel a lot better and that I'll start focusing on my blog exactly the way I want to.



Stay safe!

Love, Bruna 

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Means a lot.
Love, Bruna ♡