How I grew my page views in only a month

Wednesday 10 March 2021

I cannot believe I’ve had this blog for over a month and in that little time I got over 2,000 views on it – seems ludicrous. I am so grateful for everyone who supports me and sends me messages and subscribes to my blog, you have no idea how much this all means to me!

Because of that I decided to share a few tips that helped me the most to get to 2,000 views in only a month and a week!

Without further ado, let’s get onto this post!

 


1. Social Media


You could’ve probably guessed that social media has a big influence on growing views, so I’ll just get on with it. The primary platform to me is Instagram. Every time I upload a post, I share it on my story and sometimes even make an Instagram post about it! Be sure to put the link to your page in your bio because most people who view my blog come from Instagram. The next platform I also use every time I post is Twitter. Now, some of you probably think that Twitter is so out of date, but I think it is such a good platform to grow an audience. I usually put up a link and tag other blogger platforms to retweet it so I can get more views. Besides those two socials, I link every post on Facebook! Also, when using Instagram and/or Twitter, don’t be afraid to use hashtags or to tag relevant people because it will get more views and more potential subscribers/followers!

 



2. Threads


Now, to some of you this is really unfamiliar, but it has helped me so much in the blogger community. To be more precise, I am talking about weekly/daily post threads. I mostly see them on Twitter but every now and then it can be found in groups on Facebook. Post threads are created by others blogger (can also be created by me) and you usually comment on the Tweet linking your blog and view other blogs and comment on them and they will return the comment. It is pretty simple to use and I’ve met so many talented bloggers using this and it really helps to grow views. Besides blog threads there are also Instagram threads where you link your Instagram account and also for Facebook and other platforms.


 



 

3. Mailing list


This is something very new to me so I am still learning on how to do it and what is the purpose of it but I find this so interesting and creative to do besides blogging. I am talking about the mailing list or an email subscription. By having this on your blog, you can create emails however you want and send them to your subscribers whenever you want – I usually do it when the new post comes out and when I have any updates or surprises! You can also do monthly round ups, freebies or templates – literally anything you want.

I personally use Flodesk for designing emails but as I said, I am really new to this so I’m not sure if it is the best website to use. Definitely research a little bit if you’re planning on adding this to your website.

 




4. Organisation


I know that to some of you this seems so bizarre – like, how does organization help in growing views and readers? Well, it’s quite simple. People find minimalistic websites more impressive rather than websites with too many colours, harder to navigate and harder to use. What I am trying to say is that minimalistic templates for blogs are much more attractive to viewers and much more effecting to grow the audience. When you think about it more, you’ll realize that you’ve probably done this already – did you ever followed an Instagram account because of the feed? It is the same for the blogs.

 



5. Facebook Groups


This engages meeting new bloggers, which is always a plus! I am currently in three Facebook groups that help with growing an audience either on Instagram, YouTube, Twitter or Blog! It has the same principles as threads. You comment below the post with the link to your socials and comment on others posts and they will return the favour! It is really simple to use, you just need to research a little bit to find those Facebook groups, but once you’re in, you’re it!


✂⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯

Thank you so much for reading this Wednesday's post! Comment down below if you're using some of these tips and which of those listed above you find most interesting! 


Talk to you very soon!

Let's be friends! Add me on Instagram @bruna.haller

Stay safe!


Love, 




8 comments

  1. Best of luck continuing to grow, thrive, and flourish! I love that so many new writers are opening up and sharing the small things that help their daily life bud.

    I love social media and have yet to start a mailing list, but I have been checking out services and will keep Flodesk in mind!
    Thanks for sharing.

    Jaya | ninchronicles.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, those are amazing tips and I'm sure they'll help me to get back on track with my blog!

    I've recently discovered those blog threads on twitter and still have to increase my involvement on both twitter and facebook.

    Thank you again for your post.

    Feel free to visit my blog, too!

    xxxx Aga

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great tips! i find mailing lists a struggle as i just feel like im annoying people? but then when i get emails from blogs i open and read them so maybe im just in my own head lol. also you have inspired me to go join more fb blog groups!

    Emma - Science in Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I feel the same actually but as you said, when I see that someone sent me an email about a new post I click on it straight away and read it so we are probably in our own heads haha :)

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on the page views on the first month, it's a great achievement! Threads on twitter and mailing lists are such great way to connect with readers as well as socials! I haven't tried facebook groups, so might give them a chance, thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I would deffo recommend the groups!

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! Means a lot.
Love, Bruna ♡